Other NEPA Information
- Success Stories and NEPA Benefits
- Environmental Justice and NEPA
- Tribal Information
- NEPA Non-Governmental Organizations
- International Environmental Impact Assessment
- Training Compendium
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Alternative Arrangements
- Formal Referrals
- Environmental Impact Assessment Data Links
Success Stories and NEPA Benefits:
Section 1506.11 of the CEQ regulations provides for alternative arrangements to comply with NEPA when there is insufficient time to prepare an EIS.
Alternative Arrangements can be issued by CEQ, in consultation with the agency, when agency action is:
- necessary to protect human health or safety - or - to protect natural resources - or - both; and
- likely to result in significant environmental impacts.
Here is a comprehensive list of alternative arrangements made by CEQ and the Federal agencies since NEPA's inception.
- Alternative Arrangements Pursuant to 40 CFR Section 1506.11 - Emergencies
CEQ Issues DHS/USCG Emergency Alternative Arrangements for Response to Gulf of Mexico
(July 11, 2010)