NEPA's Forty Most Asked Questions
- Range of Alternatives.
- Alternatives Outside the Capability of Applicant or Jurisdiction of Agency.
- No-Action Alternative.
- Agency's Preferred Alternative.
- Proposed Action v. Preferred Alternative.
- Environmentally Preferable Alternative.
- Difference Between Sections of EIS on Alternatives and Environmental Consequences.
- Early Application of NEPA.
- Applicant Who Needs Other Permits.
- Limitations on Action During 30-Day Review Period for Final EIS.
- Limitations on Actions by an Applicant During EIS Process.
- Effective Date and Enforceability of the Regulations.
- Use of Scoping Before Notice of Intent to Prepare EIS.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Lead and Cooperating Agencies.
- Commenting Responsibilities of EPA.
- Third Party Contracts.
- Disclosure Statement to Avoid Conflict of Interest.
- Uncertainties About Indirect Effects of A Proposal.
- Mitigation Measures.
- Worst Case Analysis. [Withdrawn.]
- Combining Environmental and Planning Documents.
- State and Federal Agencies as Joint Lead Agencies.
- Conflicts of Federal Proposal With Land Use Plans, Policies or Controls.
- Environmental Impact Statements on Policies, Plans or Programs.
- Appendices and Incorporation by Reference.
- Index and Keyword Index in EISs.
- List of Preparers.
- Advance or Xerox Copies of EIS.
- Responses to Comments.
- Adoption of EISs.
- Application of Regulations to Independent Regulatory Agencies.
- Supplements to Old EISs.
- Records of Decision.
- Time Required for the NEPA Process.
- Environmental Assessments (EA).
- Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSI).
- Public Availability of EAs v. FONSIs.
- Mitigation Measures Imposed in EAs and FONSIs.
- Propriety of Issuing EA When Mitigation Reduces Impacts.
Back to the CEQ 40 FAQs Memo