- CEQ Launches NEPA Pilot Program
- CEQ Issues New Guidance on Mitigation and Monitoring
- CEQ Issues New Guidance on Categorical Exclusions
- CEQ Issues Report on NEPA for Outer-Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Exploration and Development
- NEPA's 40th Anniversary
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 & NEPA
- New Agency NEPA Procedures
- EIS Filings
NEPA's 40th Anniversary
January 1, 2010 was the 40th anniversary of NEPA's enactment.
To mark this important date in American environmental policy, President Obama issued a proclamation on NEPA's 40th. The proclamation highlights NEPA's enduring role as "the cornerstone of our Nation's modern environmental protections." It celebrates the NEPA process' emphasis on ensuring present-day needs and priorities are achieved through responsible, informed decision making that involves the American public.
It also calls for our continued commitment to protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations of Americans.
- Presidential Proclamation on the 40th Anniversary of the National Environmental Policy Act, 2009
- CEQ Proposes New Guidance at NEPA's 40th Anniversary Celebration
- The White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) held a symposium in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on Thursday, February 18, 2010. Event participants included former CEQ Chairs, NEPA practitioners, former CEQ senior staff and senior Obama administration officials. The Symposium featured two expert panel discussions focused on NEPA's successes and its future. A video of the symposium is available at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ceq/initiatives/nepa/symposium