- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act NEPA Reporting
- Reports on Cooperating Agency Status
- Annual Environmental Quality Reports
- CEQ NEPA Task Force, 2002
- Minerals Management Service's NEPA Policies, Practices, and Procedures as they Relate to Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Exploration and Development
Reports on Cooperating Agency Status
Sections of the CEQ Regulations addressing cooperating agencies status (40 CFR 1501.6 and (40 CFR 1508.5) implement the NEPA mandate that Federal agencies prepare NEPA analyses and documentation "in cooperation with State and local governments" and other agencies with jurisdiction by law or special expertise (42 USC §§ 4331(a) and 42 USC §§ 4332(2)). To ensure that Federal agencies are actively considering designation of Federal and non-Federal cooperating agencies in the preparation of NEPA analyses and documentation, CEQ requests annual agency reports on cooperating agency status.
CEQ uses the information provided by the Federal agencies to prepare a summary report that synopsizes agency information, and includes trend analyses and conclusions about cooperating agency participation across the Executive Branch. Below are the reports that CEQ has prepared for cooperating agency status since 2005.
- Report on Cooperating Agencies in Implementing the Procedural Requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), 23 May 2012